”Terms and Conditions and Logo Use”
- The National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) operates an accreditation scheme for the fish frying sector and issues certificates incorporating licenses to use the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo (which is the certification trademark of NFFF) to businesses which meet the required standards. The standards and scheme were drawn up in conjunction with industry and an NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation Steering Group consisting of NFFF and NEODA members. The standard is now maintained by the NFFF.
- Certificates and licences to use the NFFF certification trademark / NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo are specific to the owner and address inspected, they are not transferable. Any change of address or ownership will nullify the accreditation. QA holders must inform the NFFF should any of these changes take place.
- The certificates and licences to use the NFFF certification trademark/Quality Accreditation logo is valid for one year from grant and retention of the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation is dependent upon standards being maintained, as validated by additional remote inspections by a quality inspector/assessor.
Obligations of the scheme operator (NFFF) and holders
- 1. Having passed an initial remote inspection, the accreditation holder will receive from the NFFF a dated certificate and an NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo displaying a ‘valid to’ date. Re-inspection will take place prior to the next renewal date. Having passed a remote re-inspection, the accreditation holder will be issued with a new dated logo.
- The current certificate and corresponding rated NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo may only be displayed while the business remains an award holder, as verified by inspection status and the payment of the annual subscription.
- Other materials that may include the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo design will be available for businesses to promote themselves and the scheme in general. These materials may only be used while the business remains an accreditation holder. The NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo is a certification trademark which is the property of the NFFF, and permission to use must be obtained from and remain subject to monitoring by the NFFF.
- Businesses must immediately cease use of all materials, including certificates, bearing the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo if they withdraw from the scheme or fail to meet the required standards.
- Businesses which withdraw from the scheme must immediately remove all materials,
including certificates bearing the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo. All Quality Accreditation material, including certificates bearing NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo remains the property of the NFFF.
- Any businesses which hold the accreditation and fail an inspection will have their NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation status removed immediately following the re-inspection audit by the assessor. Businesses wishing to remain members of the scheme must satisfy the requirements of a re-inspection audit before any NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logos are re-issued.
- Any business that is reassessed by their Local Authority and receives a Food Hygiene Rating score below the minimum qualifying threshold for the NFFF Fish & Quality Accreditation scheme, must notify the NFFF immediately of the results.
- Accreditation holders must not use the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo in a manner that is likely to bring the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation into disrepute.
- Accreditation Holders should inform the NFFF if they are aware of any business using the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo or promotional materials in a manner that is deemed to mislead the public.
- Accreditation holders must not misuse the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo and promotional materials in such a way that the public is misled. Businesses that no longer hold the Quality Accreditation are to ensure all Quality Accreditation Logos are removed from all advertising, including business websites, social media, and business uniforms. Failure to abide by this condition will trigger the logo misuse procedure. Failure to resolve the issue at this point will result in the matter being referred to the local Trading Standards Department, or the NFFF taking legal action through the civil courts.
- The NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation logo remains the property of the NFFF, which reserves the right to suspend or withdraw it if any accreditation holder is in breach of the terms of the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation scheme.
- When completing the online application all questions must be answered in full and all supporting documentation, including photographic evidence and full payment must be submitted at the application process stage.
Failure to complete the application fully will result in the application being cancelled and no refund will be made.
- Full payment must be received upon application by the NFFF before any remote assessments are carried out. If the application is cancelled prior to an assessment taking place a 25% administration fee will be retained by the NFFF to cover costs and charges incurred. Once an assessment has been arranged/carried out no refund can be made.
- Upon submission of a completed Quality Accreditation Application form and payment an assessment must be booked and completed within six calendar months. Failure to do so will result in application cancellation and no refund being made.
- Once a remote assessment date has been booked a business must give a minimum of 7 working days should this date need to be changed. The assessment date can only be changed F.O.C once further changes would result in a charge of £50.00 being made to cover administration costs.
- Much of the information that NFFF will disseminate will be in the form of down-loadable materials, so owners will need to have the equipment (such as computer and printer) to access this material. These materials must only be used in the premises for which the NFFF Fish and Chip Quality Accreditation has been granted.